Thursday, January 06, 2005

Chains, whips, and politricks

I make it a point not to comment on my politics publically, but I will say that little surprises me anymore. From Bush's re-election--I mean, it really seemed like the Democrats' presidency to lose at one point--to apparent ignorance by senior finance officials on the state of the dollar, it seems like we live in a fantasy land. The last time anything on the Hill actually amazed me was when the "colorful" Bernard Kerik didn't get the homeland security post; he seemed perfect for the administration. To paraphase Stephen Colbert, Bush actually lost the popular vote in the 2000 election and thought he had a mandate; after November, it's clear he can push anyone through he wants to.

Why hold a little elbow-breaking against our attorney general--that's the kind of attitude we need to win the war on terror! God knows the last softie--with his fluffy "Patriot Act" and a capella stylings--didn't get much done, other than annoy the liberal media.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home