Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Am I the only person to hate the Madison Lively Stones?

Also known as the brass band that plays at Dupont Circle--often on Sunday afternoons but apparently right now, 30 feet from my location in Starbucks.



Note the crowd swirled around the band, which has been making an on-and-off racket for the past hour. If there is melody undernearth the music, I seem to be missing it, as I'd rather listen to Coldplay and My Morning Jacket on the KCRW stream while I write about health care.

I realize that the writing about health care at 10 p.m. on a Tuesday night probably disqualifies me from making any value judgements about what people enjoy and marks me as a buttoned-up suit. In fact, I have just been told by the woman sitting next to me at Starbucks that I am not just a 'curmedgeon' but apparently a 'grumpledump'--seeing as how I'm reading an academic health care journal and writing about a scholary dispute, I'm not inclined to argue.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are the only person. Grumpy McGrumpledon :)

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home